Have you wanted to grow in super secret but currently cannot? Are conditions such where growing would place you at risk? Would you like to grow safely in your apartment or house – indoors or out? Enjoy the peace of mind and the fun of growing your very own top quality marijuana. Now you can grow secretly in apartments, houses, and fields.
The ideas presented below have been floating around for quite some time. Thanks to the internet, the following practices are common knowledge to Law Enforcement Officers (LEO).
1) The Personal Computer case cabinet – Everybody has seen this grow cab. Even the Police know about it. That’s why it’s not recommended or included in our book.
2) Closets – Again, these are abundant across the internet. They usually can’t be completely sealed or locked and if they are, the maintenance man wonders why.
3) Small refrigerators – Someone is bound to finally want to open it for a midnight snack. Sandwich anybody? Uh oh – busted!
4) Grow tents – These are used for only one thing. When they’re discovered, it’s obvious someone is growing something they shouldn’t be. They stick out like a sore thumb.
5) Secret rooms – Hidden by a bookcase, this is the first place the Police will look when searching for secret rooms. Why? Because 95% of hidden rooms are concealed by bookcases. Secret rooms are the most popular option when building new homes.
The ideas above are readily available in marijuana forums across the internet. That’s the trouble. Just like a teenager, nobody has bothered to think things through and realize that these hidden cabinets and grow areas are hardly new.
Hidden location is actually the most important part of your growing. Without it, you’re a dead duck.
Growers end up spending hundreds of dollars building a stealth grow. They may even plan for odor, prying eyes, and drunken friends. What they forget to do is spend the brainpower to hide and camouflage their grows.
You’ve got to be honest with yourself and realize the Police already know the most common places where people have their grows. These include such mundane areas such as the attic, the garage, the basement, and even using the whole house. The Police already know that growers hollow out dressers, computers, and desks for their stealth grow box. They already know that professionals design secret rooms and, because growing marijuana can ruin the whole house, prefer to use rental homes. Law Enforcement Officials are highly trained, have years of expert experience on their side, and enjoy tearing out walls with relish.
Let’s review some typical pitfalls.
1) Growing outdoors is subject to surveillance with helicopter fly-overs. However, the truth is that reasonable-sized grows are hardly ever discovered this way. Only huge grows of half an acre or more are uncovered in wealthy communities that can procure the surveillance.
2) Your greatest risk is bragging to others about your grow. It’s amazing how jealous other growers become. Everyone wants to be king of the hill and will stop at nothing to de-throne a fellow grower. All it takes is a simple phone call.
3) Many outdoor grows are discovered by shear accident when city, county, or state maintenance is performed. Often, sewer, septic tank, and faulty electrics cause the arrests indirectly. You will have to remedy these inevitable visits to be able to harvest a secure grow.
4) Grows can simply be smelled by your neighbor coming over to borrow a cup of sugar. Although odor is a primary cause of discovery, placing your grow in the proper area to begin with can minimize this problem when growing outdoors.
1) Most growing is done indoors which can control the environment for optimum production. Most indoor grows are small in nature and may only provide the grower just enough for personal consumption. It’s hardly worth the Police to make a concerned effort to stake out a grower of 5 plants. Yet, they must place you under arrest when finding a grow in violation of the law.
2) Amateur indoor growers can go hog wild with dreams of wealth and riches. They figure they can rent a house, grow in every room, and never be discovered. However, this kind of growing has a tendency to decay the house with mildew and mold. Houses need upkeep. Landlords and neighbors become suspicious. The front door is never used, windows are constantly steamed up, and gardening waste may be discovered.
3) Boasting to others can bring the indoor grower to his knees. Often, an ex-wife or girlfriend with designs of revenge will turn you in. The only prevention is to practice silence. Even when others tell you the “best way to grow”, you’ll have to grin and bear it with the sounds of silence.
4) Odor can be a dead give-away when answering your door. This must be addressed because it’s the most common of reasons for you being arrested. Odor can transcend walls in apartments, seep thru vents, and be difficult to control without serious intervention. Heat signature (FLEAR) can also be used and is just another reason to keep your grows a reasonable size.
1) Whether in houses or apartments, indoor cabinet grows are the most popular type of grow. You’ll have to consult NORML to see what plant count, if any, applies to your area. You will also have to consider what a reasonable amount to grow for yourself actually is. A major mistake is trying to grow too many plants.
2) The larger the grow, the more odor is created. This is why it’s often best to keep a reasonable size grow of a wardrobe cabinet down to micro-grow sizes. Consider using low-odor strains of marijuana which can usually be controlled with a jar or two of ONA, an odor neutralizing agent.
3) By keeping eyes at bay, you can increase your stealth. Sadly, one of the most common reasons for busts involves friends and family. Once your grow is discovered, you’re also libel to be manipulated against your will. Now you’re being controlled by someone and may need to move everything in the middle of the night upsetting your grow.
4) The grower sometimes makes a cabinet that is a firetrap. Inadequate wiring and lighting can lead to disastrous results. One out of every 24 grows ends with a fire. This can result in your arrest adding insult to injury because you’ve already lost everything. Do not chance a fire hazard just to grow marijuana. People can get killed.
There’s nothing worse than being discovered right at harvest. Sometimes, the whole crop is lost due to a breach in security.
When you grow, the idea is to efficiently produce a crop of quality buds safely. If everyone knows about your setup – either from friends talking or through an accidental discovery, chances are you’re going to get busted. These “friends” have a nasty habit of getting busted themselves. Then, they use the knowledge of your grow as leverage to avoid jail. It’s amazing how long and hard these friends “sing” to the police once threatened with the prospect of a little jail time. This is why they are called canaries.
Remember that a marijuana smoker is arrested every 45 seconds in the United States. Organizations such as NORML are busy trying to get new and modern laws enacted. Twenty-five states have already legalized medical marijuana.
These days, it takes an awful lot of cunning to get away with something that may be illegal. As innocent as pot sounds, it’s still a major offense in some states as a controlled substance. Why not enjoy the benefits of cannabis by controlling the environment in which you grow?
Unfortunately, there are just too many goofs out there that talk too much. Some have gone off the deep end by challenging others to find their hidden grows. Once this happens, it’s bound to be found. They’ve already confirmed there’s definitely a grow and strange games seem to evolve. Yet another “friend” is now aware of the grow and feels empowered. Placing their whole grow in jeopardy is probably the dumbest thing growers end up doing – yet it happens all the time. You will feel like a silly fool for having blown your hard-earned grow.
Keep Silent and Eyes at Bay
The whole point is to keep this subject from ever coming up. KEEP SILENT! This isn’t some game we’re playing. This is real life. If you want to keep out of jail, do not tell a living, breathing soul. If someone finds your grow, you have only yourself to blame.